Sunday, December 16, 2018

Managing Expectations

Hi world,

I rarely write two blog entries on a day, but I felt that - for the sake of clarity - I needed to write a short addendum. Here goes...

Like I said, I won't be spending time on the manuscript this week. The thing I forgot to add, is that - even if I did - my novels would not be published right away. Why not ? Well, because I would need time to design - for lack of a better term - the commercial campaign.

I have nailed down some things - such as writing an announcement on this blog and using my LinkedIn page and twitter account to send word out - but there is still plenty for me to figure out.

For instance, this blog has zero readers. So writing an announcement is nice, but rather useless. Long story short, there are still indeed issues for me to fix.

(And in case anybody wonders why I keep writing this blog, if nobody reads it anyway. Well, I like doing it. And it keeps my write muscles practiced when the Pathfinder is slow going. And if I do - somehow - manage to rope in readers later, it can't hurt to have a back catalogue for people to read between new entries.)

Edmond Dantes

No comments:

Post a Comment