Saturday, July 27, 2019

Stargates and sales


Hello world,

So to begin with, the sales bit of the title. Alas, said sales have not been all that impressive. I sold some copies, but I am still stuck in the single-digit segment of the count. On the bright side, things have been happening on the Stargate side of the equation....

Stargate Nova Roma

Back in 2016, I had finished my Battlestar Xanthi fan-fiction and I was not very happy with the fact that MGM studios was not doing anything with Stargate franchise. So, just for fun, I started writing my own Stargate Universe continuation. I figured that my chances of getting noticed if I posted it on Fanfiction.net were zero (or less), so I created a blog called 128 to post it on.

The plan was to write other fan-fiction and thus create my own collection. But because other projects swallowed all of my free time, the other fan-fiction never crystallized. And lets been honest, this blog is currently still a dark, forgotten corner of the internet. And 128 is even darker and more forgotten.

So, I had zero readers. I even forgot about the story, for like....all of 2018 and a chunk of 2017. This year, however, has seen Stargate Nova Roma moving ahead again.

Moving to Fanfiction,net

Since I had zero readers, I figured that there was nowhere to go, except up. So I published Stargate Nova Roma on Fanfiction.net. I combined Season One and Season Two of Stargate Nova Roma to become Stargate Universe Season Three. The plan is for Season Three of Nova Roma to become the first half of Stargate Universe Season Four.

And, if I make that far, Season Four of Nova Roma to become the rear half. After that ?....euhm....let's just get there first. Finally, I want to discuss....

Removing some dust (and sneaky promotion)

When I was checking the traffic numbers on my Fanfiction.net page, I realized that my profile page was three years old, which is Ancient (see what I did there ?😛) by internet standards. So I rewrote said page.

And it was not the only thing that was getting dusty. My signature on the Gateworld Forums was the next to get a make-over. I update it with links to my Stargate story at Fanfiction.net and sneaked in some links to promote my book.

That done, all I needed was to update my blog and then to Twitter about it.

And that is all I wrote,

Ruben Hilbers

No comments:

Post a Comment