Saturday, March 5, 2022

Bits and Pieces Vol. 8

Hello Alex,

It's been a while since I've written a letter. February has been short, but also stormy. And that has been in more ways then one. The Netherlands was hit by three storms in the early days of the month. Fortunately, my apartment came through in one piece. But the current "storm" unfolding in the Ukraine is far worse and darker. Which brings me to...

My Day Job

I normally don't bore people with my day job. I pay the rent and other bills with euros earned at Cycloon Post. In the morning, I push paper and my afternoon is spent doing work with the sorting team. First I do set-up and then I pitch in. Anyway, we stopped sending packages to Russia and Ukraine this week. And something tells me that this is just the start of the war leaking in...

Fan Fiction and other writing

Tomorrow, I'll start the Chess Games in Cairo rewrite. Today, I'm going to enjoy some down time playing Mass Effect 3. I'm almost done, so I'm hoping that I should be able to finish it today. 

On the fan fiction front, I have finished Stargate: Dark Empire and replaced it by Space: 2029 - Earthbound

But with the rewrite taking up most on my time, this new project will be on the back burner.

Next Letter

And that's all I have for now. I do have some things in the incubator in the back of my mind. They're not ready to discuss yet. But with a bit of luck, it won't be another month before my next letter/entry is written.

Regards,

Ruben A. Hilbers (Commander Nash)

No comments:

Post a Comment