Tuesday, April 25, 2023

Filling in the Holes - Part 1A

Hi Alex,

Okay, so yesterday, my head wasn't exactly in a writing mood. With the result being that my post was on the short side. I decided to make my previous letter Part 1 and take another stab at it today. (Besides, I'm also trying to dust off my Twitter account and I figured that having two posts to share couldn't hurt.) So, here's today's....well, let's call it an addendum to Part 1...

Lunch

That lunch with my friend was with my fellow Trekkie Rick Clogston. Rick visited the Netherlands back in September, so it was full to see him again. Besides being a Trekkie, Rick is also an excellent singer. He leads the Red Hat Band, which he drags all over to play gigs. 

Rick gave me his band's CD and T-Shirt with their logo. I haven't worn the T-shirt yet - the weather hasn't been good enough - but I do have the CD playing while I'm writing this. It's good. Also, I'm trying to lure Rick into another trip to the lowlands this September. But only time will tell if I'm successful. 

New York Sights

Yeah, the list of New York sights we saw, was far from complete. But even if I had listed all we had seen, it would be far from all of the New York sights. Because we were there for two days and only scratched the surface. NYC is simply too big. You'd need at least a week to get a good look at that city. 

One funny thing....I've seen the Late Show with Jimmy Fallon. It always opens with Fallon walking into the studio building and then onto the stage. I also figured that this was some green screen/computer construct. The thing is, we walked past the studio and it actually DOES look like that.

Okay, I think that's enough. Maybe I'll write another addendum tomorrow. Maybe not. You'll just have to wait and see. :) 

Regards,

Ruben A. Hilbers (aka Commander Nash)

No comments:

Post a Comment