...what would I change?
For what the Musical is like now, here's the link...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TLoEKw5zWTk&t=5s
Let's presume that somebody at Amazon or MGM went nuts and decided to make #Stargate: The #Musical cannon-slash official and gave me the keys, what would I change about it? (Of course, this will never happen. #Execs are not that crazy, but its fun to speculate.) Well, here we go...
1) Replace the track called The Rant. The original was a loud, screaming version. But I did an operatic version as a proof-of-concept. Which turned out a lot better then the original. So I'd use the Opera version instead.
2) Replacing The Rant would make some of the lyrics of the first Alan Smithee song wrong, so that would have to be redone as well. If AmazonMGM is paying the bills, I would try to get a flesh and blood person to redo the whole Alan Smithee role.
3) The song Seize Her! has a pronunciation error. The AI pronounces Bra'tac as Brah-tac, instead of Brey'tac as it should be. That would need to be fixed.
4) But the really big change would be replacing all the connecting narration. That would have to be completely redone. In my dream scenario, I'd get Joe Flanigan. It's a nice way to make the whole thing less AI and spice it with the #Atlantis side of the franchise at the same time.
5) Where possible, add sound effects. Footsteps, the gate dialing, etc.
That is what I would do to take the whole thing from a piece of #fanfiction to something serious(ly) meant to part of the franchise tapestry.
6) I don't know where this hypothetical official version would be released. But if there was a #YouTube version, I would get somebody with #Amazon or #MGM to do additional artwork, providing better visuals. (Perhaps even a full-blown anime.)
Regards,
Ruben Hilbers (aka Commander Nash on fanfiction.net )
No comments:
Post a Comment