Sunday, May 7, 2023

Filling in the Holes, Part 2

Hello World,

Okay, it's been a couple of days since I've written one of these. And this one is different from the ones I normally write. 

To begin with, normally these are called 'Bits and Pieces Vol..." (I think I'm up to 12 now.) These hold the small bits and pieces (hence the title, duh) news about my life. The thing is, I've neglected this for the last couple of months and now I'm trying to catch up.

Which is my the last few are called Filling in the Holes. The problem is....the last couple of months have been boring. It just been day job, food and sleep. Except for the NYC trip - which I've already told you about - absolutely nothing has been happening. 

Well, nothing worth reporting over the internet. It has also absolutely killed my writing mood. So my projects have been going nowhere. Oh, there is one more thing to talk about...

Alex, Alex and Anne Frank

I normally start my entries/letter with 'Hello Alex'. To prevent any confusion, this is NOT Alex Kurtzman. I am not a fan of Kurtzman. I think he's a hack, who hired other hacks and failed upwards. 

His version of Star Trek - aka NuTrek - is horrible. The characters are unrealistic/unlikable and the plot-lines are worse. I stopped watching Trek back in the days of Picard Season 1. When they ripped out Icheb's eye, I was done. 

So, who is Alex ? Well, she's not a real person. I've read Anne Frank's diary more then once. And Anne came up with an imaginary friend called Kitty. Under the motto, I've your going to steal, steal from the best. So like Anne, I came up with an imaginary person to send my letter too. 

Alex - short for Alexandria - was a crew-member on a tramp freighter. Well, until her idiot captain ran her aground and said freighter sank. So now she's stranded on an island with miserable internet, miserable natives and miserable pay. Also, the island's connections to the outside world are well...miserable. So poor Alex is kinda stuck.

And that's it for this entry. As soon as stuff starts happening again, it's back to Bits and Pieces,

Regards,

Ruben A. Hilbers (aka Commander Nash)

No comments:

Post a Comment