Saturday, March 24, 2018

Stargate Universe Reboot Pitch



Hello World,

After a period of nothing to post, I am happy to report that I now have some news. To begin with, I have written a pitch for a Stargate Universe reboot. (Based on Stargate: Nova Roma.) And then I send said reboot out to several actors - and even a General - hoping to rally support for it. So, who did I send an old-fashioned paper copy ?

1)      General David L. Goldfein - Chief of Staff, USAF
2)      Mr. Goran Visnijic - Actor
3)      Mr. Paul McGillion - Actor
4)      Mr. David Nykl - Actor
5)      Mr. Corin Nemec - Actor
6)      Ms. Amanda Tapping – Actress
7)   Mr. Robert Carlyle - Actor

Of course, let's be realistic, the chance of getting a reply are probably reaaaaallly low (if not sub-zero). But sometimes you have to roll a hard six. And if nobody replies, what will I have wasted ? Some of my spare time, some paper and some stamps. It won't be the end of the world.

And yes, I know that some people would consider this attitude a bit defeatist. The problem, however, is that I merely a fan and not part of the industry. And when you are not part of industry, the response of agents towards your ideas tends be...

 

On a side note, for those of you reading Stargate Nova Roma....when writing SGNR, I try to write it as if it is a television show. Of course, SGNR does not have budget limitations, so that I was able to pull off some things that would never fly on television. (Such as the crew being a mix of New Asurans, Humans, Ursini and Nakai rebels.)

Also, in my pitch, Mr. Visnijic - known for playing Dr. Luka Kovac on ER -  plays Colonel Vale. So, next time you read one of my chapters, you might want to add that face to the mental picture. (Or not, it's up to you.)

Game Front

Episodes 2 and 3 of the Freedom Chronicles have come out. They were much fun. And although the general attitude seems to be that Wolfenstein II is done on the DLC front, I'm hoping that the E3 conference will include news on further expansions. But E3 2018 is still a couple of months away, so only time will tell.

Politics

This week saw elections over here in the Netherlands. The city council was up for voting and there was a referendum on a new security law. Also, a man attempted to commit suicide in the Tweede Kamer (the Dutch Senate). All in all, this has been a stormy week in politics over here in the Netherlands.

And while I cannot speak for the rest of the country, there's a good chance that it's not over here in Zwolle. (Or as I call it, Zwollywood.) Apparently, the big parties here don't really get along. So, forming a coalition should be....interesting.

And for now....that's all, folks !

Regards,

Edmond Dantes

No comments:

Post a Comment