Saturday, March 31, 2018

Today's action (and Stargate Origins)

Hello world,

Today I continued my efforts to promote SGU 2.0. I dusted off my Gateworld profile, which - I won't lie - I had totally forgotten about. I stopped visiting Gateworld in 2014, because there was no new Stargate and it felt like there was nothing left to say. But with Stargate Origins, things have changed.
I have also tried to get in the attention of Darren Summer (the owner of Gateworld), alas to no avail. Finally, I posted a basic pitch for SGU 2.0 on the Gateworld forums. (Twice, for the record.)

I also send two more messages to the US Air Force, hoping to draw their attention. And upgraded my previous post with a section on the Back to Destiny comics. That done, I have decided to go silent for a bit. Tomorrow is 1 April and sending out mails on that day might not have the desired effect.

The Long-Term Plan

For now, the plan is to wait and see what happens. And if I don't get any response / feedback ? Well, I am still going to send my pitch to MGM. And, yes, I know it's a long shot. (If not sub-zero.) But I will not be one for those people who never tried and then feels guilty about it. So, if I don't get anything before 1 May, I'll take my chances, poor as they are.

Stargate Origins

With all this talking about Stargate 2.0, it might come across like I didn't like Stargate Origins. This is not true. In fact, I think it was terrific. I can hardly wait for the feature cut version. And really hope it gets a second season. I'm hoping that they do a season about the alternate Colonel Mitchell that came from the Stargate in 1929. (Stargate Continuum.) I'd love to see what Mitchell was up between then and Baal's arrival in 1939.

Another interest idea kicking around my skull would be about a young Daniel Jackson. We know that Daniel's parents were archaeologists who died when he was young. I'd like to see what happened before that. What planted the seeds for Daniel's later theories ?

Regards,

Edmond Dantes

No comments:

Post a Comment